看美剧学英语:《绝望的主妇》S02E20精学片段
片段背景:Gabby夫妻历经千辛万苦收养的宝贝被生母要回,这也是Gabby这个角色在剧中情绪最崩溃的一次
[riplus-video url=”https://s01.zhufubang.com/public/desperate-housewives-S02E20-clips.mp4″ img=”https://www.jtenglish.cn/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/1610606801-25b2916b5c49db6.jpg” is_logo=”1″]
《Desperate housewives》S02E20片段中英对照剧本:
Gabby:Who’s the pretty girl?谁是漂亮女孩?
——>>Oh, looks like it’s daddy’s turn.看来是爸爸抱咯
注解:it’s one‘s turn很实用的口语,it’s your turn该你了
Carlos: I got her. – 我抱她
Police: Mrs. Solis? 索利斯夫人吗?
Gabby:Yes?是的
Police: We have a court order to take the Collins baby into custody.我们收到法院命令收回科林宝宝的监护权
注解:court order 法院命令;法院指令
custody:监护,监管
Carlos: No, no, no, that’s a mistake.不不不不,肯定搞错了
——>>No, we… we have the paperwork.我们有文件的
注解:文件,文书工作(商务高频用词)
——>>The birth father signed away his rights.亲生父亲签字放弃他的权利了
注解:birth father/mother:亲身父亲/母亲;
sign away 签字放弃
Police: It’s the birth mother who’s protesting.现在是亲生母亲提出反对
注解:protest:抗议; 反对
Gabby:What?什么?
Police: Until the adoption is legally finalized, 直到收养在法律上生效之前,
注解:adoption这里是收养的意思,还有采用,接受的意思,经常与approach连用
legally finalized:法律上敲定;finalize也是商务高频词汇哦!
——>>the birth mother can still change her mind,亲生母亲还是可以改变主意
注解:change one’s mind改变主意;举一反三,make one’s mind:下决心
——>>and… she has.她变卦了
Gabby:No, no, no, no, no, no!不不不不不不!
Carlos: Gaby, wait.盖比等一下
Gabby:You? You don’t even wanna be a mother!你甚至不想做一个妈妈
Birth mother :Well, look, Frank quit using, and, uh, he got看,Frank不嗑药了,而且
——>>a good job down at the plant. He’s really stepped up.他在工厂有一份不错的工作,他真的在改变
注解:step up:增加,加快,提升;这里引申为他改变进步了
Gabby:So?!所以呢?!
Birth mother :Well, so we’re gonna give the whole family thing a shot. 我们想试试组成个家
注意!高频短语give sth a shot:试一下;
——>>Well, I’ll totally give you all your money back.我会把钱都退给你的
——>>I don’t want my money back. I want my baby!我不要钱,我要我的孩子!
——>>Come on, let’s go.我们走吧
Gabby:Carlos!卡洛斯!
——>>No! Carlos, what’s happening?不要,卡洛斯,发生怎么了?
Gabby:No, no, no, You don’t understand, You don’t understand.不不不,你们不明白,你们不懂
——>>This is our baby!这是我们的孩子
——>>No, we’ve been… we’ve been feeding her, and we…我们一直….一直给她喂奶
——>>we’ve been bathing her,我们给她洗澡
——>>and we wake up in the middle of the night and we rock her,半夜我们起床摇哄她;
注解:rock这里是摇哄孩子的意思
——>>which is crazy,太疯狂了
——>>’cause if you knew me, I don’t do that.如果你了解我,那不是我的风格
——>>I don’t do that. 我一向不那样的
——>>And… and my husband… my husband, he sings to her.还有,我老公,我老公他经常唱歌给她
——>>He sings, so you can’t take her away.他唱歌,你们不能带走她
——>>It’s too late. We’ve already fallen in love with her!太晚了!我们已经爱上她了
——>>Carlos, do something!卡洛斯!做点什么!
——>>No, you can’t go! You can’t… you can’t take her!你们不能走,你们不能…不能带走她
——>>You can’t take her!你们不能带走她!
——>>No!不要
——>>She’s our baby!她是我们的孩子!
——>>She’s our…她是我们的
——>>No!不要!
——>>Please!求你了!